a girl knits

Monday, February 06, 2006

Ribbon shirt update

The ribbon shirt was tried on by both girls this weekend and it just wasn't fitting properly. Some how my math was off - the raglan increases were not in the right places. So it got frogged, re-calculated, semi re-designed and re-cast on. It is now being re-knit. I've changed the raglan increases from k f&b to yo, k1, yo. Since it is a summer top I decided I wanted it to be a little bit more air-y. I also think I will do some "k2tog, yo" all the way around just under the bust area and thread either an I-cord or ribbon through the eyelets.

I just bound off the shoulder parts and will cast on the under arm sides later today after trying it on the smallest girl child (she'll be the only one there tonight as the larger girl child goes home to her moms house during the week). I'm hoping it fits the little one (the one the measurements were calculated for) and then I can just re-calculate with more inches/stitches for the bigger one. So far, it looks to be working better this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home